This is the launch page for all homeschool geography resources available on GeographyRealm.com. Listed here is a growing list of resources for teaching your children geography at home.
Kindergarten and First Grade
Understanding direction based on the sun: teach children how to use the location of the sun to understand where north, south, east, and west are.
Upper Elementary School (Third Grade to Sixth Grade)
Continents and Population Density: learn about the size and populations of each of the world’s continents. A basic worksheet for students to identify different continents and calculate population density for each of them.
- Coloring Maps – Printable maps that kids can color code for Africa, South America, Europe, the United States and the continents.
- Free outline maps – Printable maps for the world and the United States in PDF format. Ideal for printing out for lesson plans. All maps are blank with labeled and non labeled options.
- Five books about maps for children – these five volumes are great for teaching young kids about maps and cartography.
- Teaching basic map skills to young children – learn about some online and published resources for teaching young kids.
- Using Interdisciplinary World Map Activities to Connect Your Students to Other Cultures – Lesson suggestions for teaching children about map distance, political boundaries, biomes, and literature.