You can easily label more than one field of a layer in ArcMap with Visual Basic script.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 5 minutes
- Open up the ArcMap (.mxd) file you want to work with.
- Select the layer file you want to label more than one field with.
- Right click on the layer and display the properties.
- Click the Labels tab.
- Click the Expression button.
- Click on the first field you want to label.
- Type in the following code: & vbNewLine &
- Click on the second field you want to label.
- The entire Expression should look like: [Field1] & vbNewLine & [Field2]
- Click Verify to make sure the Expression was entered correctly.
- Click “OK” to close both dialog boxes.
- You can type in explanatory words to add into the labeling using double quotes. E.g.: [Field1] & vbNewLine & “This is the second label: ” & [Field 2]