One aspect of geography is to learn about the many nations that exist around Earth. In fact, some studies suggest that understanding where countries are makes us feel more diplomatic.
From the seven continents to the myriad of cultures comprised on each one, geography links us all together. Our cultures often develop as a response to the physical geography of the world around us, and to the different kinds of people we have access to. Now, with the internet, we can interact with anyone with just the click of a button.
Take the following geography quiz to see if you can guess the country using just its outline. You’ll be surprised at how difficult this can be! Guess the countries in this quiz to see how you stack up to the rest of the competition with your geography knowledge! Guess your Turkey from your Turkmenistan, your Turks and Caicos from Kazakhstan. Good luck!
Guess the Country Based on the Outline
Click on the answer that you think is correct.
1. The longest north-south trending country in the world
2. Country with the longest coastline in the world
3. Second largest country in Western Europe
4. Country with the greatest altitude change in the world
5. 80% of this country is desert
6. This country is bounded by seven countries and three bodies of water
7. This country is an archipelago made up of about 6,852 islands
8. 80% of this country is mountainous
9. This country occupies 10% of all land in the world
10. Over 100,000 lakes cover this country
Share your Results:
More Geography Quizzes
- GeoQuiz: Pioneering Geographers
- Geo Quiz: Name the Human Activity Visible from Space
- Geo Quiz: Which Country is Bigger?